I do not condone any disrespect or straight up bashing of Sarah Palin as a woman, a person, a human being, a mass of cells and energy, whatever.
Her politics, hair and clothing choices, however, are totally up for criticism, hateration and straight up comedy.
I’m being a bit silly but also serious. I think the race to become Democratic Party nominee was dirty enough with the attacks on Barack Obama and rHillary R. Clinton which had nothing to do with their politics or ability to lead, but with racist, sexist and classist arguments based in ignorance.
I found it terribly disgusting and I want to just sound off on that now. It has already begun with Palin and I’m cringing at it even though I think she’s an anti-feminist, shoddy choice for VP.
Things Bourgie says are okay for which to clown Sarah Palin:
1. She attended Wasilla High School where she played point guard on the state champion basketball team. Her nickname was “Sarah Barracuda.” Man, is that a lame nickname or what?
2. Palin graduated in 1987 from the University of Idaho with a degree in journalism. She worked briefly as a sports reporter in Anchorage. Well, that’s no UNC. 2 Points deducted.
3. She refers to her husband, Todd, as the “First Dude.” Who is she? Michelle Tanner?
4. Palin and her husband have five children, Bristol, Piper, Track, Willow, and Trig. I hope Trig’s name has nothing to do with #6.
5. Her favorite meal is moose stew.
6. She’s a lifetime NRA member.
7. She admits she has “inhaled” marijuana. However, she says that she won’t legalize the drug.
8. Palin filed suit against the US Government for putting polar bears on the endangered species list. What kind of cold-hearted person wants cute cuddly Coca-Cola drinking polar bears OFF of an endangered list? A lifetime NRA member and hunting enthusiast, I guess.
9. She’s all for teacher-led prayer in public schools. As if that Pledge of Allegiance wasn’t enough!?! We do separate church and state, right (well, that’s debatable)?
Feel free to add on.
Source: US News